Asparagus spears, ham, feta and cottage or ricotta cheese enclosed in a filo casing.
50g melted butter
2 Tbsp like parsley or dill chopped fresh herbs
100g diced or crumbled feta cheese
6 sheets filo pastry
3-4 sliced ham
250g ricotta or cottage cheese
1 Tbsp optional sesame seeds
340g can well drained Wattie's Asparagus Spears
1 Tbsp wholeseed mustard
1. In a bowl mix together the ricotta or cottage cheese, feta cheese, mustard, egg and herbs. Season well with salt and pepper.
2. Take a sheet of filo pastry and brush with melted butter. Place another sheet on top and repeat 4 times, so that you have 6 sheets of filo.
3. Place the ham slices in one layer on top.
4. Spread half the cheese mixture in the centre and place the Wattie's Asparagus Spears on top. Cover with remaining cheese mixture.
5. Roll up securely to enclose the filling and place on a baking tray. Brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Bake at (190oC) for 40-45 minutes until the pastry is golden and cooked.
Served sliced hot or cold. Serves 6